Monday, December 3, 2012

I have only One Heart

Dear Friends,
    In one spiritual gathering at Forrest Yoga studio, Maria's two children attended. My expression naturally adopted a child-like quality. Vocabulary simplified, sentences shortened. An innocence came through that I was quite moved by. It felt like being a child - genuine, uninhibited, real, true, simple love, so excited to participate and sing my heart out. I am a child of God. I am resting in His arms. More and more now, I let Him hold me and take care of me. He is my mother, my father, my friend, my relative, my everything to me. I feel safe here. I can let go.
    In another gathering, Barbie gave me flowers. How thoughtful! I can't remember ever getting flowers before. So we did a flower meditation. Imagine your heart is a flower. As the sun floats above the horizon, the first rays enter your flower, and it blooms most beautifully. Give this flower to someone you love very much and thank this person for being in your life. Now imagine that the flower multiplies into billions of flowers that rain all over the world. Covering streets, homes, oceans...people are running through the streets, frolicking in the flowers. There is such joy in this world just because of your one heart. I have only One Heart...
    The next evening, returning to Cindy's complex in her Subaru after a beautiful yantra meditation, I drove to the gate and Lewis, the guard, greeted me from his station. "I really like this little car," he said and then began to enthusiastically describe all his reasons why. "What kind of car do you have?" I asked. "These two legs," he said. Then Lewis proceeded to tell me that he had had a divorce and had lost everything including his home and car. "My children don't even call me Dad anymore. They call me Lewis." Then I drove on to Cindy's place and went inside to get those flowers. I walked back to the station and waited about 10 minutes for an opportune moment when the cars stopped coming. Then I strode up to the little building and looked inside. "Lewis, I have something for you. These are to keep you company tonight." Lewis took the flowers and shook my hand gratefully. "I could take them home," he said. And then he thought a moment. "Well, I can keep them here for everyone to enjoy." And he showed me a large water bottle. "This is good," he said excitedly. "Do you think they'll be okay with tap water." I nodded my head. "Yes, I think so, Lewis. Have a good night." He shook my hand again and I walked back to Cindy's home, smiling.
   I have only One Heart. And I give it to You.

With love,
Brian

2 comments:

  1. Wow Brian...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL story...I have tears in my eyes!!! I am SO HAPPY for Lewis...You made my day AGAIN...And I thank you for that :-)
    Looking forward to get together again soon before you leave!!!
    With Love,
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete