Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I'll fly away

Dear Friends,

There was a clunk at the glass kitchen door, and Maria exclaimed in surprise. I went outside and picked up the baby bird that had fallen to the ground stunned. I held it in the palm of my hand, holding a prayer in my heart as the tiny bird slowly turned its head. It blinked a few times and then closed its eyes. The soul flew away, and the body of the bird lay still. It was the first time I witnessed death so intimately. In moments, the candle of life departs the body. It could be today. I don't know when it will happen, but every moment slips by like the sand in an hourglass. How am I spending this precious moment of life? Yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come yet I spend most of my days thinking about these phantoms of past and future.

I feel the most alive in the vibration of love, peace, and joy. How can I attune to this vibration now? Why do I keep putting it off and seeking temporary pleasures? I must let go of all these frivolous activities and seek the root of life itself from whence the vibration of love, peace, and joy come from. What is the source of my existence? Life shines all around and who created it all? Let me seek this source with all of my heart and all of my soul and let all other seeking fade away. Let me dive in the depths of my being and discover the life force itself. Nothing else is important.

I buried the body of the baby bird in the backyard. Thank you, my dear beloved bird. You are my friend, the messenger of my soul. You whisper in my ear, "Wake up! You, too, will fly away..."

With love,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment